Valentine’s Day is a holiday to show your loved ones how much you care for them, but it is also a holiday that can be beneficial for your business as well.
Both couples and single people celebrate the love holiday, either by buying momentous gifts or gifting themselves with experiences to celebrate love. Last year, the holiday brought in $20.7 billion to the economy, according to theNational Retail Federation. Your business can benefit from the holiday as well by marketing to the right audience. These tactics from search engine statistics will help your business profit from Valentine’s Day:
- Make some of your content relatable to single people on this love holiday. According to com, single Americans spend an average of $55 on themselves for Valentine’s Day.
- When promoting products or specials for your business, keep Generation Z and Millennials in mind. They are the age groups that are spending the most money on V-Day; more than 55% of them planning on celebrating Valentine’s Day.
- Pets are not forgotten about. Finder also reported that people usually spend on average of $95 for their cat and around $82 for their dog. Having anything on your social media pages or your websites highlighting pet friendly products will surely catch an animal lover’s eye.
- Valentine’s Day isn’t just a holiday that couples celebrate. People are buying gifts and sharing experiences with their friends as well. Statista reported that 12% of Americans said that they are buying gifts for their friends. Gifts celebrating friendship and love for a sister-friend will go over well for your business.
- Making your business’s page mobile-friendly will make shopping easier for your customers on Valentine’s Day. Especially for women. Kantar did a research where they discovered that 82% more clicks on ads related to Valentine’s Day gifts for men rather than women occurred. Having products specifically for men that women want to buy for their loved one will help boost your sales for the holiday season.
- Get personal!Kantar also discovered that PersonalizationMall.com was getting the most clicks for their products, which included personalizing names, photos and messages for Valentine’s Day. Include products that will have a special and unique touch that someone would love to gift their loved one.
- If you sell jewelry or high-quality rings, this is your season! From November-February is proposal season, and according to online diamond retailer James Allen, over 41% of people said that they would like to be proposed to on V-Day.
- A lot more people are into experiencing something special with their significant other instead of buying gifts. According to the National Retail Federation, 44% of 24-year-olds to 35-year-olds plan on experiencing something together on Valentine’s Day instead of spending money on gifts. Promote any service that your business provides on Valentine’s Day specifically for couples of for a group of friends to enjoy.
Content courtesy of Lara Ashley, Founder and Editor of Brenley Magazine, Redefining what it means to be a Southern belle; an online magazine that helps women wear their crowns with grace.
CONTRIBUTING AUTHOR, LARA ASHLEY
Lara Ashley is a multifaceted Journalist. Lara Ashley obtained her Mass Communications degree at Southern University and A&M College and is obtaining a Master’s degree in Magazine Journalism in the U.K. from Cardiff University. When she’s not watching her fav reality shows (LOVES the Real Housewives franchise), spending her afternoons watching Netflix or with a good book, she’s writing and journaling.